Museum: Fayette County Historical Museum, 200 W. 5th St., open 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday; other times by appointment, by contacting Sam Harvey, president, at 765-265-1807. Free admission.

Fishing, trails: John Conner Nature Preserve Trail and Park: Smalley’s Lake, entrance at south end of Eastern Ave. 765-825-5244.

Local nonprofit and public groups may submit calendar listings for Community Notebook to news@newsexaminer.com or call 765-825-0588 ext. 235.