Login NowClose 
Sign In to newsexaminer.com           
Forgot Password
or if you have not registered since 8/22/18
Click Here to Create an Account

Sports Briefs

Connersville Babe Ruth


Thursday’s games

Rays vs. Dodgers, 5:30 p.m. – Reds vs. Cubs, 7:15 p.m.

MINOR B (coach pitch)

Thursday’s games

Cubs vs. Reds, 5;15 p.m. – Mets vs. Mariners, 6:15 p.m. – Orioles vs. Yankees, 7:15 p.m.


Friday’s game

Reds vs. Yankees, 6 p.m.

Connersville Youth Football taking registrations

Registrations are now being taken at www.connersvillefootball.com for anyone interested in playing for the Connersville Youth Football League. The fee for those registering until July 13 will be $85 per child. 

The fee after July 13 will be $100 per person. The age groups for the CYFL will be K-6th grade.

Payment plans and scholarships are available. Those interested in a scholarship should contact coach Adam Kelly at akelly@fayette.k12.in.us

During equipment hand-out on July 14 and 21, each player will receive one raffle ticket for every dollar spent on registration.

Players will be able to sell the tickets to recoup the registration fee, or have to option to keep the raffle tickets.

Those tickets can be used at Spartan Fan Fest, where two flat screen TVs will be raffled off. 

Weigh-in and equipment distribution will take place at 11 a.m. on July 14 and 21 at Spartan Field. CYFL practices for all age groups will begin on July 23 at 6 p.m. at Spartan Field.

CMS cross country voluntary workouts 

Voluntary conditioning workouts for those interested in running for the Connersville Middle School cross country team will begin on Monday, June 18, behind the shelter near the Miller Building off of Park Road.

The workout is open to any incoming seventh- or eighth-grader, and runners do not need a physical to participate. The workouts will last from 8 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.

For more information, call Bob Gibbs at 765-265-4817

Connersville High School volleyball camp

The Connersville High School volleyball camp will be held on June 19-22 at the CHS gymnasium.

The camp is for kids who will enter grades 3-8 in the fall.

For campers in grades 3-6, the camp will be held from 5-6 p.m. nightly. For those entering grades 7-8, the camp will run from 6:30-7:30 p.m. each night.

Cost for the camp is $30 per person if registered by May 30. After that, the cost will be $35 per person.

For more information, or to get a registration form, contact Connersville High School coach Torrie Whitmore at Vwhitmore@fayette.k12.in.us

Nolan Kicks 4 Causes 3v3 soccer tourney

The Nolan Kicks 4 Causes 3vs3 soccer tournament will be held at River’s Edge Park, 425 E. Veteran’s Memorial Drive in Connersville, on Saturday.

All skill levels are welcome to participate, from U9 to adult age groups. Cost is $100 per team and there is a limit to six players per team.

Limbitless Solutions will receive 75 percent of all funds raised at the event, with the remaining 25 percent going to River’s Edge Park.

The tournament is also an official qualifier for the Challenge Sports 3v3 National at ESPN Wild World of Sports at Disney World on Aug. 3-5. The top four teams in each division will qualify for the national tournament.

For more information or to download a registration form, go to nolankicks4causes.com or call Darrell Shawl at 765-338-6442.